If you don’t know yet, I am part of Amanda Foody’s street team that is called Shadow Gang – which came from her new book itself, Ace of Shades – and I belong in the Doves group a.k.a. the assassins. Honestly, I’ve been useless these past few weeks because there are just so many things for me to do that I don not know how or where to start anymore. Fortunately, I finally found the time to post this. I answered some of these questions last week or two weeks ago – I can’t remember – so some of my answers were just applicable last week lol but that’s specifically only about the last book that I’ve read because I managed to finish another book after that.
So anyway, here’s the Ace of Shades Tag – Doves Edition!
- Ace of Shades takes place in the very mysterious, very dangerous City of Sin. Name a fictional city with a personality of its own!
Definitely The Barrel of Ketterdam! I just finished Crooked Kingdom ago and I still have a hangover. The Barrel is known for being full of thugs, spies, gamblers, slavers and thieves. It definitely is one of those fictional cities I wouldn’t want to visit.
- The City of Sin is home to three ruthless gangs: the Irons, the Scarhands and the Doves. Tell us about your favorite fictional criminal family/gang!
This is not really a gang but some of them came from a certain gang – which is the Dregs – and they’re certainly a “criminal family”, so I’ll go with Kaz Brekker’s crew with Inej, Matthias, Jesper, Wylan and Nina. They are all different, they all have different skills and different purposes but they have this common fire in them which kept them going and bounded them together. I love each of them. They’re deinitely one of the best groups of fictional characters I’ve ever met. And it’s SO hard not to miss them!
- Enne and Levi are about to be thrown into a deadly game… Name your favorite book in which the characters must play with, and for, their lives.
A Court of Thorns and Roses. There’s a part there where Feyre needed to do some things which are sort of games or challenges (I forgot) to save her life and/or others because of Amarantha the *b-tch* and those were pretty deadly! And that was still the time when I didn’t like Rhysand yet.
- The Doves are a gang of assassins… What book would you kill to have in your hands right now?
Okay I’m gonna do some rule-breaking and answer two. Because these two have been on my mind for so long and I’ve been really dying to read them ever since I discovered them. It’s The Belles by Dhonielle Clayton and Read Clocks by Leni Zumas! OH MY GOSH I WANT THEM SO MUCH I JUST I CAN’T I DON’T KNOW I CAN’T I WON’T I CAN’T EVEN I NEED MONEY
- The City of Sin is full of people with dark and complicated pasts. Name one book or book series you used to like, but don’t anymore.
Well, I can’t think of any specific right now, but if there are books that used to like but don’t anymore, those were Wattpad books.
- With complicated pasts abound, we can find many… burnt cinnamon rolls, so to speak. Name a character that has prickly and tough exterior, but is actually sweet heart deep down!
My Tiberias Calore VII. He’s really tough on the outside but when you get to know him, he’s definitely a sweet heart deep down. AAHHH this question reminded me of how King’s Cage ended and I am now itching again to read War Storm!
- Not only anti-heroes live in the Ace of Shades world! In New Reynes, one can find plenty of villains as well. Which bookish character do you just love to hate?
Hmm… thinking of this was a bit hard. But I’ll go with Xifeng from Forest of a Thousand Lanterns by Julie Dao! Gosh I just love to hate that anti-heroine. I mean, sometimes I actually love her but most of the time I can’t help but hate her. And it was just hard because her character leaves me conflicted sometimes. But I love to hate her. She’s a real complex one.
- You, much like our main character Enne’s mother, went missing in the City of Sin. The main character from the last book you read is the one looking for you… How screwed are you?
Kaz Brekker. Lol I am not screwed at all. Those who are the reasons why I am missing are so freaking screwed.
And that’s it! Feel free to do this tag if you want to. And don’t forget to check Ace of Shades by Amanda Foody by clicking here!
Is Ace of Shades already on your tbr? Or did you have a chance to read an ARC? What are your thoughts? Let’s talk about it below!