Not familiar with 100TWR? Click here to know everything about it!
As usual, if you see
texts like this, they are spoilers. So, if you have not read this book yet, please avoid them but if you have read this already, feel free to read them as well!
Without further ado, here are my thoughts while reading The Poppy War by R.F. Kuang
T/CW: graphic violence, genocide, drug use, rape, addiction, animal violence, infanticide, torture, racism
1. It’s as if they’re entering a prison and not just about to take an exam.
2. Ahh this must be an important test. Like, really important.
3. I know how this feels.
4. How does a water clock work?
5. The name Fang Ruin immediately placed a picture of a wolf and a vampire inside my head. But I love her name.
6. Her foster parents sound so mean.
7. Idk the writing style doesn’t feel like it but the scenes make me imagine Korea in the past, like their clothes, houses, markets, etc all reminds me of historical Korean dramas.
8. But strangely, I also keep on imagining the Shaolin Soccer setting and characters.
9. Oh God. This is horrible. Being in an arranged marriage with a man like that? Ew.
10. Ooh, that Empress’ mandate is good. The problem is it’s not totally safe for all the children because there will always be households that are too strict or abusive. They should have also done something to prevent these war orphans from being abused instead of just shoving them to these houses.
11. But I wonder what a poppy war is?
12. Err. All these “good wife” “give him babies” lines make me want to puke.
13. What? Did she escape?
14. Oh gawd. That’s why I keep on noticing things and feeling like it has Chinese influences. It indeed has. This poor girl didn’t read the synopsis before diving in.
15. I wish I am as smart and as good in studying as these kids. I can’t stand studying for 9 hours! I might fall asleep after 2-3 hours of intense focus.
16. I wonder what happened to her parents.
17. Oh God, I need to be as smart as Rin.
18. I disagree. Yes, we have different roles and social responsibilities but we could be more.
19. Yeah, you’re right. Rewrite the stars.
20. I love Rin’s determination. She’s also smart.
21. Ohmyghaad. That advise was so horrible.
22. Yuck, makes me want to puke. I feel sorry for every woman who has to live in that kind of time but as much as possible, you shouldn’t push someone to just take the suffering the way you did.
23. I love stories like this. A story of a person who defied all the odds and prove others that they were wrong.
24 Reading two books a week is something, studying two books a week is another. I have a feeling I’ll idolize Rin as the time goes by.
25. The map is damn 🔥
26. I have a feeling I’ll feel like a scholar while reading this book.
27 What is a troika? Is that a book thing? Or I can Google it? Because lol I don’t have internet connection right now.
28. Oh gosh. I need to be as smart as Rin in Math.
29. This is me last year, in 3rd yr college.
30. Clever. That’s a useful study tip. Should I use that too?
31. I want to hug Rin!
33. Wow. Oh my ghad, I knew this is coming but I’m so happy I want to hug you girl!
34. I want to strangle all these people. They can’t believe their children weren’t smart enough.
35. Yasss. You go girl. I’m rooting for you.
36. Oohh I see some Economics in here.
37. I like this already. The world-building is just intricately made.
38. Eww that is so gross.
39. The condition in this city is worse than what we experience in real life.
40. I like Tutor Feyrik. I hope he won’t leave Rin until the end.
41. That’s what you think Rin, because that’s what you want to happen. But I smell so many dangers in the capital.
42. At least the caravan guards weren’t shit just like the people in their province were.
44. Naaaahh. Why are you like that?
45. This is what wars do to people and a country. It changes everything and makes things worst.
46. Damn. Poor child
47. No. I don’t want Tutor Feyrik to go but I also know that he cannot give up his life in the province for Rin. 😦
48. Oh damn, Karina. Calm down..
49. Srslsy, I want to strangle whoever this is.
50. In this school, I and Rin shouldn’t entertain our emotions. We should forget them in order not to be hurt.
51. BOOM! YES! THAT’S MAH GIRL!
52. Rin is so much better than me in handling this kind of situation. 😭 I would have answered him verbally not physically. 😂
53. Lol the poor pretty little boy Nezha is butthurt. Aww poor boy. 😏
54. Srsly, Rin entering a military school is freaking scaring me. I mean that’s a freaking military school. Not medical school or anything but military school.
55. Ooohh, their grand master and military commander is a woman.
56. It’s fine, Rin. You have to prove them what you’ve got and that they are so damn wrong for underestimating you.
57. Yikes. First meeting and I know Venka is the btch.
58. Ohmygad I’m starting to pity Rin. 😦
59. This book only has 26 chapters but they all feel so looooong.
60. Guessing their Lore professor’s teaching method is like Mr. Keating’s of the Dead Poets Society.
61. Those classes are physically intense! I can’t imagine myself doing all of those. I will definitely have a tough time.
62. Lol there’s still a “hardest” after those?
63. What? This is impossible.
64. I can feel these students’ exhaustion.
65. The feels. 😭 I can’t help but remember my toughest semester in college.
66. Lol I love Master Jiang!
67. Venka obviously has a crush on Nezha.
68. Is Altan going to be Rin’s love interest?
71. Damn, that was too much (well, I bet by this book’s standard, it’s not).
72. I wanted Altan to win. So yeah, good fight.
73. Tobi’s weird, eh?
74. Idk but I pity Altan.
75. Oh my God. That was gross and animalistic.
76. Oohhhh so Speerlies are not really humans. Oohh. Interesting.
77. There’s so much to learn about this world. It’s intricate.
78. Luh? Pa-epal talaga si Nezha.
79. Listen to the fact your professor is telling you.
80. So is their force like China’s, Russia’s or America’s?
81. Nezha is just a legit douchebag.
82. True. You’re right, Kitay. That makes sense.
83. Lol Nezha is like a fool disguising as a superior.
84. I remember so many people in real life that’s like Nezha.
85. Nezha is a poor boy with an overly sensitive ego.
86. ISTG this fvcking Nezha needs to learn his lesson.
87. Oh my ghad what is this Nezha little poor boy crying about? Is he a baby?
88. Uggh my feelings got hurt.
89. You have to remember those words and make them your fuel to keep going. I know you will, Rin.
90. Damn. But it’s all Nezha’s fault. Agh fvcking Nezha.
91. No, Rin. Those two years are still worth it. They brought you here, girl. Stand up.
92. Damn yes, that’s mah gurl. That’s what I am talking about.
93. Aww shet
94. That explains the mood and the attitude.
95. Ahah this is cute! I love the short talk abut menstruation. Dalaga na siya.
96. Damn, Rin. Don’t do that. You’re just thinking that you don’t want babies now because you’re still young but what if you got into the right age? You’ll regret doing that to your body now.
97. Oh, Rin 😭
98. Uhmm this is bad. I mean, I can totally get it but it is still bad.
99. Oohh their Strategy class is cool and really challenging.
100. Ugh this is crawling at a slow phase.
101. That brain of Kitay
102. That is so heartless, Rin. I’m afraid of what you could become.
103. I know there are great things about to come but this is so slow.
104. That brain capacity
105. Ha? I still have 20 chapters left. I need some real entertainment. Please give me some.
106. Is Master Jiang high?
107. I love these fighting masters. I mean just their fighting.
108. Lol “the universe rather, that I am confidently beautiful with a heart”
109. Master Jiang is so interesting.
110. WHAT? That’s the absurdest thing I’ve read in this book so far.
111. Lol legends
112. Dang, I think Rin got the best teacher with Jiang.
113. I feel like Rin could be a hard-to-love-character for some.
114. Omg this is a tough choice 😦
115. OH NOOO Jiang, my heart is breaking for you. 😦
116. Srsly, it’s hard to blame Rin for her character.
117. Luh, is the fragile Nezha trying to imitate Altan?
118. Yah I would have probably kill for Kitay’s talent too.
119. Nah you still have to sleep or your mind won’t work properly.
121. Whaaat? Altan might become jealous of her because of Jiang. Will they be rivals for a while before becoming lovers?
122. Lol Rin completely chickened out! Haha
12$. No, I’m not nervous.
124. Nice one, Kitay. You are a blessing. You know that?
125. You should be really grateful to Jiang. 😦 But you didn’t choose him. I guess, if you did you might have even become the next Altan or something close to that.
126. Dang this girl. I’m starting to like her attitude.
127. Deymn this is getting heated. Pride and power, yes.
128. I’m nervous!! I think I’ll forever feel this way every time Nezha and Rin fights.
129. I bet Nezha feel threatened.
130. DANG!! YOU HAVE TO WIN THIS FIGHT, RIN! COME ON!
131. Damn, I think Rin is starting to get tired. Tiring her is probably Nezha’s strategy.
132. Damn. That’s a nice kick! Keep going, Rin.
133. OH MY GOD YES
134. Damn it. What the fvck. Nezha cannot fvcking fight with honor. I shouldn’t have expected!
135. What the fvvvvvk
136. Damn, I want to cry.
137. “Pain led to success” Rin’s mindet. Srsly, I believe this mindset will take anyone far.
138. What are you doing? Damn Rin, fight!
139. Serves Nezha right.
140. What, does master Jiang has magic or something
142. What? What the hell are you talking about, Master Jiang?
143. OH MY GOD I KNEW IT
144. But… Ugh don’t tell me Master Jiang will not bid for her or like back out just like what he did to Altan? Why is he so scared?
145. So Altan and Rin experienced the same things when they were first years? Please, I think I can see where this is coming. Let everything happen just don’t make Altan and Rin real rivals. 😭 Make them lovers, please.
146. Ohh… whoa
147. Ohh. So, fake news.
148. I can’t wait to meet that Empress. I bet I’ll be disgusted.
149. But of course, word will get to the Empress and someone – probably Jun – will tell her about Rin.
150. Lol I’m highlighting so many stuffs in this book it will be hard to find quotes when I scan them.
151. Don’t feel that way, Kitay.
152. Srsly, Sinegard is the new Hogwarts not for witches or wizards but for the toughest and smartest soldiers.
153. Nice. I knew that’s the perfect apprenticeship for you!
154. Nice, good decision. Strategy is not bad too though.
155. Doesn’t Rin have a scar on her face because of Nezha’s nails?
156. I wonder how is Tutor Feyrik?
157. Awww his dogs are named after their great rulers. So cute.
158. I do feel you, Rin.
159. Lol have I said I really like Kitay?
160. Rin reminds me so much of Xifeng from Forest of a Thousand Lanterns.
161. Lol so that’s where “Great tortoise” came from?
163. Could it be possible that at this batch, there will be a new “three heroes”? The first two are Altan and Rin?
164. Hmm. I see.
167. Wtf what if Master Jiang is the Gatekeeper? Or a descendant of the Gatekeeper? Lol wild guessing game again.
168. Whuut? Is that the Vipress effect?
170. Waow. I want to be Jiang’s apprentice!
171. Wahah classes with Master Jiang can be quite funny.
172. Master Jiang speaks like a high person when he’s not even high yet.
173. Oh my ghad Rin, you know I like you but you also have to listen sometimes.
174. You’ll eat those words, Rin.
175. Waaa. I pity Jiang so much.
176. I hope Kitay and Rin will forever be best friends.
177. Oh. Altan already graduated? I wonder when and where will he and Rin meet again.
178. Nezha enjoying the spotlight
179. This is the kind of book where there is not much happening every so often but it will still keep you curious, enough to get you going and feel that there’s something great and probably devastating about to happen, just looming around the corner.
180. Lol that’s quite straight forward, Kitay.
181. I have a strong feeling the Empress is not a good person.
182. Oh boom! Bang! Yo
183. I love seeing these students argue. Lol, you know, that feeling when you see smart people argue or hate each other. Interesting.
184. Dang. But okay I don’t want anyone to be physically hurt.
185. Good queston, Han.
186. This is focused on characters but I don’t think the plot will really suffer.
187. I’m expecting so much.
188. Oh, Han. 😦 I hope your family will survive this.
189. I have that feeling that Nezha’s father is that type of an evil politician. He’s not doing his job for the people but for the sake of power, getting on the Empress’ good terms before he attack.
190. I think this is the part where things will start to really really spice up. The students will have to fight for the war even tho Rin and her batch is just on their 2nd (or 3rd?) year. Maybe this is the start for the things to get messy.
191. This is like counting down before a bomb explode.
192. O M G
193. Ha! All I can say is that the author is brilliant for creating this world.
194. I know Rin is going to get herself in trouble.
195. It’s the first time Tyr was mention right? Because I can’t remember him.
196. HMM. Who is that?
198. Is this an assassination attempt against Tyr? But lol I don’t think he’s that important to them.
199. Lol these soldiers look like cowards. Circling the Empress, really, you want to show how scared and threatened you all are of her?
200. What the fvcking hell. I knew this Empress is mad!
201. Poor Tyr!!! ;(((
202. Damn. What a btch.
203. Ooh, there you are, Altan. Long time no see.
204. Oohhh, what is this?
205. So like, when a shaman is dead, everyone who was able to access “that place” will feel it?
206. Okay so what if the Gatekeeper is living inside Master Jiang?
207. Ohmyghad, yah of course she felt it.
208. Damn it, Rin. Stop with those thoughts.
209. War, war, war.
210. The world-building is stunning and the writing is outstanding. Have I mentioned that?
211. So what’s the point of what the Empress did to Tyr?
212. A war has just officially been declared and these people are happy???????????? Like??????
213. DAMN. I don’t want to admit but yeah I’m scared.
215. Officially, this is it. I’ve been expecting this. Students no more, buds. You guys are finally joining the force. I’m scared but lezgo.
216. Yah, make sense, Kitay. Superiority issues will always be there at that kind of situations.
217. Lol. You certainly look like a kid, first year.
218. “War doesn’t determine who’s right. War determines who remains.” aaAaAaAH
219. I hate it every time Master Jiang gets sad or disappointed or hurt or feel betrayed.
220. Aaahh srlsy, how much I hate to say it, Master Jiang, no matter how much talking you give to Rin she will still do what she wants.
221. I hate war.
222. This is the book where you’ll see how much effort it must have took the author to build its world because it’s like the world was built completely.
223. She’s so scared I can’t blame her for wanting the help of the Phoenix.
224. Thank you, Nezha.
225. Nice. I guess the worst enemies could be the great partners in war.
226. After this, I might start liking Nezha. All those competition, all those hatred, all those bullsht they did to each other was so far away. They’re different people now. And thinking of it, the tournament was the last time they really interacted with each other which was 2 yrs ago.
228. WOW OH MY GOD
230. Oh my God, is Jiang referring to gods?
231. OH MY FUCKING GHAD
232. OH MY GOD NOOOOOO. ;( PLEASE LET JIANG LIVE. GODDAMIT.
234. This ain’t fun if Jiang will die. I’m telling you, he shouldn’t. My Jiang.
236. WHAT THE FVCK. WHAT THE FVCK. STOP
237. Agghh desperate times.
239. What god did Jiang summoned earlier?
240. I don’t even have the right words to describe Jun.
241. You don’t even know Tyr is dead.
242. There are so many enemies in here.
243. WHAT THE FUCK! SO JIANG REALLY WAS THE GATEKEEPER? OR LIKE IT WAS THE GOD HE SUMMONED? THEY “DEALT WITH” HIM, SO HE’S DEAD???? F…..
246. Whut? Haha the fake news.
247. You really should tell him, Rin. You need Kitay to trust you fully.
248. Ugh, Riiiin I told you.
249. Ohmygod. He’s lucky he’s still alive.
250. True. Poor boy.
251. At least he’s not confirmed dead.
252. What if they were drugging her foods or drink?
253. I want to hug Rin.
254. WTF. Good thing, Altan is there.
255. RIN! OH MY GOD PLEASE LET ME HUG YOU. GENERAL IRJAH IS RIGHT, YOU ARE AN INCREDIBLE SOLDIER.
256. Oh my god, General Irjah. I also want to hug you. Thanks for doing that for Rin’s sake.
257. Lol. Your commander is your crush, honey. This scene is cute.
258. Ahaha OMGgg Altan Trensin!
259. I think Rin is really just a shaman and not a Speerly.
260. Idk but I imagine Altan would look like Khal Drogo? Hehe
262. OH MY GOD I SMELL A BUDDING ROMANCE IN HERE! PLEASE LET THIS HAPPEN!
263. The Empress is a nightmare dressed like a daydream.
264. Lol you got some humor or sarcasm, Altan?
265. Naah no one can replace Jiang.
266. Oh. Altan is smiling. 😭
267. Oh my gad Altan took her hand! 😭
268. Uhm just want to say the plot isn’t (that) predictable.
269. Ohh that’s cool.
270. Idk sometimes I forget that this is written on 3rd POV,
271. Don’t tell me Qara will be a hindrance to my AltRin ship.
272. Does Khurdalain has that Greece feeling?
273. Ahh of course, Jun, always the headache. Always do as he pleases.
274. Lol whuuuut? “Tiger’s tits” 😂
275 Niiiice. Go, Altan!
276. Oh, I wouldn’t be able to give up that armband. That’s so special.
277. I knew Qara would be like this. (Nice name btw)
278. Whoa “full four zodiac cycles?”
279. The Bizarre Children looks cool.
280. People keep on asking where Qara’s brother, Chaghan, is. Why? I mean yeah, he’s a lieutenant but people do seem to really like him.
281. Lol you guys are so fun.
284. Lol I thought she’s still holding the chair as a weapon.
285. Oh my god I love Altan so much.
286. I JUST WANT TO BE WRAPPED IN ALTAN’S ARMS OKAY??????
287. ALTAN 😭 💞💞💞
288. 😊👯hmygosshh that encounter was so
289. Ohmygod. I’m so sorry Ramsa.
290. Good thing you and Rin are now there in Cike.
291. Ramsa just probably stole more fire powder again.
292 Yuuck ahha
293. Ramsa is starting to impress me.
295. Whoa. Nice one, Qara.
296. OH MY GOD 🔥
297. Oh my god these guys 👏👏👏
298. Is this the Game of Thrones minus nudes?
299. He called Rin “kiddo” 🙈
300. Whut the fuck?
302. OH my gOd this is what Jiang warned her about before. Being stuck in the middle.
303. Oh 😦 Again, I hate wars.
304. Ooohh my fire-summoning Speerly 💕
305. Trueee. That’s the greatest mystery in this book we have to find answers to.
306. Yessss. The 12 divisions must be embarrassed of themselves.
307. The Federation captain putting a brave face.
308. Damn, this captain will die with honor. R.I.P.
309. OH my god 😔
310. But srsly, why would even Altan bother stopping him when he’ll also kill him anyway?
311. What? Far more soldiers escaped than they had killed? Impossible. But they already killed tons!
313. I think when you’re a commander or a leader, you also have to learn how to put your life in the hands of your subordinates. You both do the same thing.
314. Omg that question! Haha good one. Yeah, Rin and Altan should repopulate loljk.
315. Oh crap. I forgot Rin won’t ever be pregnant.
316. Ohmygad Rin liked Altan and I like Altan.
317. LOL WHY ARE U GUYS LIKE THAT LOLOLOLOL 😆
318. That is the hardest thing though, when you’re both a shaman and a ruler.
319. My man smiled again.
320. “He’s not your master anymore. You don’t have a master. You have a commander.” oh boom
321. Altan is definitely teaching her all the things Jiang warned her about.
322. I agree with Jun. This could be a bait.
324. No matter what your intentions are, this country is not yours to take, tell that to your Emperor.
325. This Federation of sht is screaming of arrogance.
326. Hmm. So I have a theory. Since the Empress killed Tyr right on that ship of the Federation and she and the Emperor met, that might mean that the Empress is actually on the Federation’s side. She has some hidden agenda. Then Jiang is missing so she probably gave Jiang to the Federation so they can use him against her own soldiers. Because clearly, the Federation stand no chance with these people who can summon gods. Their only weapon is another shaman who can fight Altan and the Cike.
327. Why don’t you guys kill that delegate and everyone with him right then and there? That would send message enough. Then make someone tell their generals that they just got delayed or something and can’t go back right away. I know, it might draw suspicions but that could buy you time to prepare.
328. That’s the thing when you isolate yourselves. Seeing how the other country progress and what are their tactics, adopting them or innovating them can truly help a lot. Look at this Federation.
329. How nice it is to read this while Hamilton’s Ten Duel Commandments is playing.
330. The Cike bow and summon their gods. You know that. They may be undoubtedly outnumbered but you know what they’re capable of.
331. WHAT THE FUCK
332. Damn. I didn’t see this! They shouldn’t have let an enemy set foot on their land. Altan shouldn’t have invited them inside. Whaaa they took the bait. 😭
333. What the fvck?
334. I don’t understand what is happening.
335. Aahhh. I get it. I knew. It was at the back of my mind that they should have checked every crates.
336 So, it was right for Altan to let them all in because if he didn’t, they’ll all be dead as well.
337. I knooow.
339. WHAT THE FVCKING HELL!!! WHY WOULDNT YOU LEAVE THE ANIMALS ALONE? FVCK YOU THEY’RE SUFFERING ENOUGH BECAUSE OF THIS WAR THEY HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH. FVCK
340. My head is starting to get hurt and I’m still so so so mad.
341. Again, fvck you Federation of sht.
342. OH MY GOD NEZHAAAAAA. I’VE BEEN WONDERING WHEN I’LL SEE YOU AGAIN 😭
343. I love Altan but why is my reaction like this when I saw Nezha???
344. Ayiiie. Hello beautiful boy. I hope you already matured. 😂
345. Oh yes, I want to see. Haha
346. Can we all appreciate that Nezha and Rin are talking so casually as if they were long time friends who missed each other 😭😭
348. Trueee. Nezha matured and it’s like the war bring the good out of him.
349. Ohmygod but Nezha’s mouth is probably still the same. Still has that brat side.
350. What the fvck. Whut???? What are you talking about?
351. Crap. Altan. He’s so stressed he’s taking it out on her. 😩
352. I think this is the push Rin exactly need. Maybe her wanting of Altan’s approval isn’t that strong yet because if it is, then she should have worked hard like she always did in the academy.
354. Ohh this is the time when you guys have to let it out. Talk about what happened in Sinegard, yes. Because you cannot be friends without closing this part.
355. “Little square” he wants them to be a little square 😂
356. Nezha admitting that he was a spoiled brat aAaaaAAH
357. I’m proud of what Nezha had become.
358. This is funny they’re still like kids having a petty fight.
359. Trueee. Division politics even at times like this.
360. That chimei is dangerous. I bet it will copy one of Rin and Nezha’s face or anyone important in this book then sht will get more real.
361. Oh yaaah. It is clear that Jiang wasn’t the Gatekeeper but he summoned it. Now, this beast passed through.
362. Crap. If I were you guys, I’ll run. But then, that was just me, not a soldier, didn’t train at Sinegard. Just a reader lol so don’t judge me.
363. Do they really think they can kill that using their swords? UHM that’s a bit dumb.
364. Wait. What if this kid is the chimei in disguise?
365. OH FFFCK. I TOLD YOU. MY HEART IS HAMMERING OHMYGOD
366. Why didn’t you even think that it’s odd that she can’t take you but she can bring you when it’s not even that far???
368. Ha! Why did even Altan trust them to do this mission?
369. Nice! Keep being rational, Rin!
370. CRAP. This is hard. Don’t do that. Not Altan.
371. OHHHMYYGOOOODDD BOOM EVEN THE CHIMEI KNEW IT. DID THE CHIMEI JUST REVEALED YOUR TRUE FEELINGS? AHAHA OMG OOPS
372. But why is the fire on the torch not dead yet?
373. Please don’t tell me that by the end of this, Rin would have to kill Altan. ISTG I WOULDN’T TAKE IT.
374. Same, Rin. I feel you.
375. Omg this is a good start of their friendship. :”> my heart is melting.
376. I really thought this will be a normal-length read because it only has 25 chapters. Didn’t think this is this long. 😩
377. I wasn’t even able to enjoy to sound of “lol” in my head that I was going to write down because of this another surprise.
378. Cool. So they can literally feel what the other is feeling? Is that it?
379. Lol. You guys
380. Hahhaha oops
381. Oh no
382. Perfectly makes sense. I thought he’s scared too.
383. Oh myyyy :((
384. Haha Chaghan is quite a boss.
385. I actually think that aside from friendship, Nezha is there to spy. 2 in 1.
386. Stop thinking about it, Nezha.
387. What the fvck. Not Nezha. Not again. Why is he always… ugh.
388. Why is Nezha so unfortunate? Ugh always when they were together something bad happens to him. Ugh. This is frustrating and annoying.
390. Aww sht 😦
391. Altan will probably be happy even if you hurt him. At least you got the fire and the god back to you.
392. Niiiice. I like this scene.
393. Wow. That.was.just.wooow.
394. And officially folks, it’s Altan now that is her official enemy. Great, Rin. When you were in academy, Nezha, now as a soldier, Altan.
395. I told you. Hehe so I take it back. Thought #391 was right, #394 was wrong. Thankfully.
396. Waow only 6 chapters left (as if it matters. They’re long anyways)
397. Oohh, Chaghan is really quite powerful.
398. Uhm this is confusing but I know this is bad. Chaghan pls interpret it already.
399. Oh noes.
400. What a monster Altan is.
401. Okay I’m about to start the 3rd part but as much as I want to, it’s 4 am and I feel really sleepy so I’ll finish this when I wake up. At least I finished the part 2.
403. Get out, start running? In the river?
404. Whoa. I think Golyn Niis is the trap. Crap.
406. If this is a movie I don’t think I’ll be able to stand this scene.
407. The Federation are real monsters.
409. Oh my god my Altan 😦 This is triggering him.
410. Trueee this is so scary. 😦
411. Kitay. Oh my god. *gif breath slowly*
413. So many violence, including animal cruelty in this book. Ugh 😦
414. Stop it. Damn, Rin.
415. What? Thank gods.
416. Kitay was so strong.
417. Politics dividing these people when they should be fighting beside and for each other.
418. What? Sht. Not Master Irjah. Sht. 😭
419. Yes. You’re right Kitay, you cannot dishonor Master Irjah for that. Thank you I’m so proud of you, Kitay.
420. What monsters
421. But what were you doing all those times Kitay? No offense.
423. Crap. Poor Venka.
424. This is so heartbreaking.
425. Ugh this is devastating.
426. I hate wars. I hate wars. I hate wars.
427. OHMYGOD WHAT THE HELL IS THIS. 😭
428. This book is so triggering. I swear. definitely not for everyone.
429. FVCL THESE MONSTERS
430. Tanginaaaaa what the hell
431. WHAT THE FVCK
432. What’s with this book? Why do these kind of things has to happen?!
433. My head hurts
434. Rin, for once please try yo understand Altan. Didn’t Chaghan tell you his story? And stop looking up to him and think of him as a person. He’s not perfect, Rin. 😦
435. Ironic how they see Nikara as not human when they’re the ones who aren’t humans at all.
436. Fvck that Empress. I don’t think she’s even on your side.
437. Altan is showing what Rin could have become if Jiang didn’t teach her and if she didn’t control herself.
439. Down to the last 4 chapters. Crap. This is nerve-wracking
440. These gods truly have no remorse.
441. The good thing about Altan’s leadership is that he believes in his people.
442. Oh, Altan is happy? For sure bad things will happen later this day.
444. Oh. This is undoubtedly scary.
445. True. Exactly. Maybe you guys should just retreat?
446. Ohhh diba? Master!
447. OH MY GOD I KNEW IT! HE’S THE GATEKEEPER.
448. Altan and Rin both looked like his students again. 😂
449. No, you can’t. You can’t control them, Altan.
450. But Suni is just one. How many demigods are there Altan? You know it deep down that you will not be able to control them.
451. Oh noes. This might be painful to you but Master Jiang is telling the truth.
452. I don’t understand.
453. “Altan or Jiang. Commander or master. Victory and revenge…“ OMG. As much as I care for Altan, I’d like to use my brain and choose Jiang. I don’t want to leave Altan but…
454. Rin and Altan really share something. Really both Speerly. Really think the same way.
455. Oh crap
456. Altan is being so selfish.
457. Huhu told you, you’ve been warned. 😦
458. Altan’s unyielding trust to his people. 😭
459. What the fuck
460. Oh diba wtf
461. 88% and I still feel like I am too far away.
462. Wtf 😦 The people do just to survive. Tsk tsk
463. What the fvvvvck
464. Fhxbhsj you Dr. Shiro
467. Trueee. I don’t think I will ever understand how difficult it is too to be Altan Trengsin. 😦
468. No, you won’t gonna do that.
469. Told you. I was right. 😦
470. Aww. I’m really shipping you two.
471. Where’s Nezha and Kitay tho? They had little appearances since they had to be soldiers. When they were in school, it’s always Nezha and Kitay, Altan had little appearance. Then when they were called by their duties (even w/o graduating yet) Nezha and Kitay now are the ones who have little appearances.
472. She has a good point.
473. Oh my god this moment.
474. Ohh what is this?
475. Ahh that’s why she and Altan share than same fire inside them, the urge for vengeance, that strong urge.
476. Right. It’s so sad that there will be no Speers after them. The author made it sure that this will be painful.
477. I remember Children of Blood and Bone since we’re talking about vengeance.
478. What a madman Shiro is.
479. These Mugenese really give no importance to life.
480. Where are the Cike? Why haven’t they come yet? Surely, they know that these two have been captives.
481. But srsly, I can’t blame them if they can’t come. But I trust they will.
482. Is this why Rin has a crossbow on the cover? Because whenever I stare at it, I find it weird that she’s carrying that instead of a sword. I mean, I haven’t seen her used that before this. I almost thought the one in the cover is Qara lol but that’s ridiculous.
483. Oohh, really? Better than Rin and Nezha’s tandem? Whoaaaa nice.
484. “They were two parts of a whole. They were Speerlies. ” omggg 😳💖
485. Crap. The thing is, aside from the people waiting for them, if they swam, they will not be able to use their fire if needed.
486. Lol these Mugenese are afraid of two Speerlies. They even have to face them with an army. How pitiful.
487. No, this is not where it will end, Rin. Trust (me and) Altan.
488. What?? Why is he bleeding like that?
489. I have a feeling my Altan will die. FVCK IT.
490. I wouldn’t be able to leave Altan there!
491. OH NO. STAND YOUR GROUND, RIN. DON’T LEAVE HIM!
492. Crap. My head hurts. Tooth ache plus these scenes combined? Great.
493. 😦 I love you, Altan 😔😔😔😔😔😔😔😔😔
494. Whut? Are they somewhere that is not the material world?
495. So the temple she’s supposed to go, is that the temple where the Empress lived or killed herself or something?
496. Ahhh look. So the Speerly was the sacrifice not for the world to be ruined.
497. Wtf she was killed she didn’t kill herself.
499. What the fvck
500. Is she hallucinating?
501. The heck with this Phoenix god. 🙅 Jk hehe
502. Ah. So she’s Tearza? That’s why Chaghan spoke that name earlier. He was actually referring to her. Lol why did that detail slipped through my mind.
503. She’s right, Rin. I mean, could you live knowing that all the other people in the world are dead because you chose to be selfish? I mean, I understand if you do. But you will probably be happy only in the short run.
504. No one can blame them for wanting revenge 😭
505. Either way, there is no victory with that.
506. The question is, who put Speerly in that situation? Why did the Empress even has to choose between that? Why is the Phoenix such a …
507. He was not a coward!
508. Crap, Rein. I know this is so so wrong. This will only bring your demise.
509. Her sense of humanity probably was disappearing.
510. You wanted that, Rin. You wanted that.
511. She turned like one of those Mugenes.
513. I knew this is coming. Look at what you’d become.
514. Why are you guys this late? Thank gods you still arrived.
515. Of course.
516. Okay I can’t keep this to myself but I’m secretly hoping Altan is alive.
517. I thought it was Altan. Fvck.
518. Aww bff
519. Waow yes so you’re finally believing in gods, Kitay huh?
520. Why are you suddenly comparing that to the Empress?
521. I have a feeling Kitay won’t like it when he learned that this is all Rin’s doing. I mean, all of them. The Cike probably are the ones who wont be afraid or judge her.
522. This is now a matter of race.
523. Lol stop, Rin. That’s your doing. That’s what you wanted, right?
524. Kitay’s reaction is just normal.
525. You are now a monster too, Rin. 😦
526. If only there was a way to separate the innocents from those who are not and kill those who should pay and not touch the innocents.
527. Rin already acts as if she’s a god.
528. What the fuck. So, Nezha is really dead? DAMN IT. I haven’t even had the time to grieve I mean, I thought he survived. Ahhh there were so many things that happened. It’s even hard to keep track of who died and who lived.
529. No one would have the time to grieve for anyone in this book.
530. Please stop mentioning Altan’s name 😦
531. Altan is not weak. Stop it.
532. Srsly, a 19 year old doing these. It’s crazy. Age really doesn’t matter almost in everything.
533. Well yeah, I think you’re so close to being a monster now. If only Altan is alive, he could at least help you like how he help Suni. He can make you come back when the Phoenix got a really tight grip on your head.
534. Oh my god Chaghan, I’m so sorry 😭😭
535. Can we guys stop talking about Altan please 😦
536. I can’t imagine how painful it must be for the Cike especially Chaghan. 😩
537. That’s how great Altan is so stop calling him weak.
538. “He’s gone but avanged” pls I don’t want any confirmation of his death
539. My ebook is so colorful because of all the highlight and notes. Good thing that I am not reading a physical copy.
540. Hmm luv u Trengsin
542. I don’t think they are useless. There you are again, Rin, saying things out of emotions. You know that is not useless.
543. You’re always like that, Rin. You can’t handle your emotions on your own and always need to lash out to others.
544. Stop blaming Chaghan. It’s not his fault.
545. That is true but I haven’t thought of that before you said it. You could have.
546. This is so sad
547. You still have so many problems and enemies to face.
548. I’m not as excited to read the sequel as I hoped to be because of Altan. It’s sad knowing that he’s not there. It’s sad that I’m probably just still hoping for an impossibility that he’s alive. It’s sad because Nezha is also dead.
549. I can’t stand watching Rin keep on making decisions she’ll probably just regret in the long run.
550. Rin was actually surprised? Hmm. Well, I was surprised she didn’t ask for her to be the commander herself.
551. Rin is so easy to be blinded by power . I know where is this coming
552. At least Chaghan will still be working with them.
553. Chaghan is bounded to two persons, Qara and Rin.
554. Hmm I still think the Phoenix can control you.
555. Whoa I’m not impressed. I don’t think what you’re about to do are worth getting excited for.
556. The writing was excellent. It’s been long since I’ve encountered such writing skills. The world-building, it was so so so perfect I can almost feel how hard and tiring the author must have felt when researching because I mean, from politics to economics to religion and everything? The author is wonderful, so amazing, impressive. So talented.
557. I just definitely don’t like the animal violence I mean it’s hard not to think “is this even really necessary?” but i guess this is just showing what war really is capable of doing to everything or everyone.
558. This just ended not the way I was expecting. It was sad but I expected it would feel like I was emotionally tired but I didn’t. I am excited and looking forward to the next installment but I am not that eager to.
559. This book was able to tackle issues and portray things that not all authors can do the way Kuang did. Kuang isn’t afraid.