Afire – : burning : on fire
Page – : one of the leaves of a publication or manuscript; also : a single side of one of these leaves
I’m Karina, a 19 year old bibliophile from Philippines. I am taking Bachelor of Science in Economics at Polytechnic University of the Philippines. I am studying economic models and curves by day and reading books and devouring words by night. But you can mostly spot me procrastinating most of the day.
I started to become a reader when I was still a kid, probably when I was on grade school. For the countless books I’ve read since I began reading, it is really hard to tell which are my most favorites out of them all. But as of now, my favorite books are Looking For Alaska by John Green, A Court of Mist and Fury by SJ Maas, Red Queen series by Victoria Aveyard, The Illuminae Files by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristof, Harry Potter series by JK Rowling, and Melophobia by James Morris.
I read YA Fantasy, Sci-Fi and Dystopian a lot. But I also read Contemporaries and Poetry whenever I feel so. I love books about royalties where I can feel and imagine myself as a queen.
Random facts about me and the blog:
- My favorite color is red.
- My favorite element is fire. I love it but like everyone else, I’m also afraid of it.
- I love to read fantasy books about magic and fire as one of their powers. It makes me feel powerful.
- I fear big bodies of water.
- I’m really interested with the British Royal Family especially Queen Elizabeth II and her family. And I love the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge. Both are really special to me.
- My favorite foods are pizza, carbonara, dinuguan, balut, anything sweet, anything spicy and anything beef.
- My favorite subject is English yet I’m still not good at it.
- My favorite Harry Potter characters are Dumbledore, Hermoine and Hagrid.
- My favorite Disney princess is Snow White.
- I love watching KDramas and American TV series.
- I hate numbers and anything that are connected with Mathematics. *but I love counting money 😥*
- I used to be a hardcore fan of anime, cosplaying, JRock, JPop and Wattpad.
- My biggest goal in life is to be a happy, free and satisfied. *insert Angelica Schuyler’s voice: YOU WILL NEVER BE SATISFIED)
- When I was just a child, I used to watch Alice in Wonderland at least twice or more a day!
- I am a frustrated writer.
- The name of my blog Afire Pages was inspired by Ed Sheeran’s song Afire Love, one of my favorite songs back at the time when I created this.