Afire – : burning : on fire
Page – : one of the leaves of a publication or manuscript; also : a single side of one of these leaves
I’m Karina, a 17 year old bibliophile from Philippines. I am taking Bachelor of Science in Economics at Polytechnic University of the Philippines. My favorite books are Looking For Alaska by John Green, Red Queen series by Victoria Aveyard, Harry Potter series by JK Rowling, Carry On by Rainbow Rowell, A Court of Thorn and Roses series by Sarah J Maas and Melophobia by James Morris.
I read YA Fantasy, Sci-Fi and Dystopian a lot. I loves books about royalties where I can feel and imagine myself as a queen. I claim to be the queen of Norta and Illea. And I also claims Rhysand, Tiberias Calore VII and Maxon Schreave as my mine.
Random facts about me and the blog:
- My favorite color is red. (NO, THAT’S NOT REALLY OBVIOUS)
- I can either be quite or talkative in person. There is no in between.
- My favorite element is fire. I love it but like everyone else, I’m afraid of it. I love to read fantasy books about magic and fire as one of their powers. It makes me feel powerful.
- I fears big bodies of water. I have a bad experience with it.
- My favorite food is pizza, carbonara, dinuguan, balut, anything sweet, anything spicy and anything beef.
- My favorite subject is English yet I’m still not good at it.
- My favorite Harry Potter characters are Dumbledore, Hermoine and Hagrid.
- My favorite Disney princess is Snow White.
- I hate numbers and anything that is connected with Mathematics. *but I loves counting money*
- My biggest goal in life is to be a happy and satisfied.
- I love to discover gems from indie authors.
- When I was just a child, I watch Alice in Wonderland more than twice a day!
- I am a frustrated writer.
- The name of my blog http://www.AfirePages.wordpress.com was inspired by Ed Sheeran’s song Afire Love, one of my favorite songs.
- Lastly, unlike any other girls, I don’t want and never dreamt of becoming a princess or to be treated like one. I want to be a queen. I want to be treated like a queen. *it’s serious* because for my own opinion, a princess is just a girl but a queen is a woman. I, thank you! *exaggeratedly waves as a beauty queen*
What books do I read?
I usually read Fantasy, Dystopian, Science Fiction, and YA Contemporary. I own mostly fantasy and romance books.