Afire – : burning : on fire
Page – : one of the leaves of a publication or manuscript; also : a single side of one of these leaves
I am Karina, a 20-year old book blogger from the Philippines. I studied Bachelor of Science in Economics at Polytechnic University of the Philippines. I am currently working as a Junior Analyst in a proxy firm. If not working, you can mostly spot me reading about world news, spending hours on social media, listening to music, playing with our cats and dog, surfing the web, scribbling down on my notebook or typing down on my phone or laptop, reading books, or doing nothing at all and just letting my mind do its thing.
I am a Cancerian, INFJ (I used to be an INFP), and a Gryffindor (Pottermore said I am a Hufflepuff, so sometimes I call myself a GryffinPuff). And I’ve been running Afire Pages since June 2016.
I have always been a reader since I was a kid. I guess, I can say I’ve been a reader since I have learned how to read. My favorite genres are Realistic Fiction, Fantasy, Dystopian and Science Fiction. I also read Contemporaries, Romance, and Poetry. I rarely read Classics and Non-fictions, but when I do, that means I’m really interested in the subject matter. For the countless books I have read, it’s painfully hard to choose my favorite books but I love Looking For Alaska by John Green, Melophobia by James Morris, The Poet X by Elizabeth Acevedo, Girl Made of Stars by Ashley Herring Blake, Daisy Jones & The Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid, A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas, The Poppy War by R.F. Kuang, Jade War by Fonda Lee, The Sword of Kaigen by M.L. Wang, and The Art of War by Sun Tzu. I love reading diverse books, especially those written by Own Voices authors and I highly support those works.
• My favorite color is red (when I was in grade school it was yellow, then it became blue, then it changed again to black and white, then it became red since when I was in high school).
• My favorite bands are One Ok Rock and BTS. I also love the music of bands Linkin Park, Monsta X, Ateez, and Radwimps.
• I have more than 5 published works on Wattpad (never ask me for my account because they all makes me cringe).
• I was a huge anime, J-Pop, J-Rock, and cosplay fan in high school. In addition are K-Pop girl groups. And I have only became a fan of one boy group after graduating college.
• My favorite Economics subjects are Macroeconomics, International Economics and Developmental Economics.
• Choosing a favorite song is as hard as choosing a favorite book for me but if I really, really have to choose just one, it’s Moonchild by RM.
• I love sweet and spicy foods.
• My favorite anime series is Ao No Exorcist.
• I am a moody person (See those emoticons on the header? They represent my moods).
• I am working on two novels: a fantasy and a realistic fiction.
• The other fields I am interested and wants to learn more about are politics, psychology, and astronomy.
• I am both a cat and dog lover.
• I love the musical Hamilton.
• Writing a novel and a song are the most important things in my bucket list.
• This blog was supposed to be called as The Burning Pages or Books in the Woods.
• I got the idea for the name “Afire Pages” from Afire Love by Ed Sheeran.