Afire – burning : on fire
Page – one of the leaves of a publication or manuscript; also : a single side of one of these leaves
I am Karina, a 20-year old book blogger from the Philippines. If not working, you can mostly spot me reading about world news, spending hours on social media, listening to music, playing with our cats and dog, surfing the web, scribbling down on my notebook or typing down on laptop, reading books, or doing nothing at all and just letting my mind do its thing. I am a Cancerian and INFJ (I used to be an INFP). And I’ve been running Afire Pages since June 2016.
I’ve been a reader since when I was a kid. I guess, I can say I’ve been a reader since I have learned how to read. My favorite genres are Realistic Fiction, Fantasy, Dystopian and Science Fiction. I also read Contemporaries, Romance, and Poetry. I rarely read Classics and Non-fictions, but when I do, that means I’m really interested in the subject matter.
For the countless books I have read, it’s painfully hard to choose my favorite books, but I love Looking For Alaska by John Green, Melophobia by James Morris, The Poet X by Elizabeth Acevedo, Girl Made of Stars by Ashley Herring Blake, The Poppy War by R.F. Kuang, Jade War by Fonda Lee, and The Sword of Kaigen by M.L. Wang. I love reading diverse books, especially those written by Own Voices authors. I highly support those works and I highly recommend others to read them as well.
• My favorite color is red (when I was in grade school it was yellow, then it became blue, then it became black and white, then it became red since when I was in high school).
• My favorite bands are One Ok Rock and BTS. I also love the bands Linkin Park, Monsta X, Ateez, and Radwimps. (…and many more)
• I have more than 5 published works on Wattpad (never ask me for my account because they all make me cringe).
• I was a huge K-Pop, anime, J-Pop, J-Rock, and cosplay fan in high school.
• I love sweet and spicy foods.
• My favorite anime series is Ao No Exorcist.
• I am both a cat and dog lover.
• I love the musical Hamilton.
• Writing a novel and lyrics for a song are some of the most important things on my bucket list.
• The other blog name options I had were The Burning Pages or Books in the Woods because I think they capture my love for fantasy.
• I got the idea for the name “Afire Pages” from Afire Love by Ed Sheeran. (And because Burning Pages was already taken lol)